x

ADONIS:
Version 3.90.3 (Released at 02/24/2024)
- The ability to apply a force gradient or pressure to a boundary is presented.
- New tutorial is added to explain how to apply gradient boundary conditions.

HYRCAN:
Version 2.0.13 (Released at 02/03/2024)
- To allow users to import CAD files using scripting, the importmodel command is introduced.
- Program's webhelp has been reformatted.

Comments on version 1.07 (Read 10155 times)
Comments on version 1.07 on: January 17, 2017, 01:02:54 am
Dear Roozbeh
I have tried the software, version 1.07, and it works in the sense that the results are in accordance with the analytical formulation.  I have tried a simple square foundation on an elastic material.
In my opinion, and if you want, I could help you the next step should be:
a)   it could be very useful if flow modelling could be developed
b)   importing dxf (maybe with only one layer as per SAP so the script shall be easier) or meshed elements (in this case I could suggest to see this webpage http://www.robertschneiders.de/meshgeneration/software.html)
c)   improve the structural elements in order to carry out real soil structure calculations. In this sense, it could be important if we could take into account the non-linear behavior of beam/cables and the study of their connections (pin/hinge/springs).
d)   the triangular mesh is not always adequate, maybe you should open the possibility to create some quadrangular mesh elements to reach a major robustness in some calculations as tunnels.
you have done a very good job and I am very keen to see the new releases,
The window is very simple and, in my opinion, you are in the right way,
Let me know if you need my help,
Good Luck,

Best regards,

Cosimo

Re: Comments on version 1.07 Reply #1 on: January 17, 2017, 01:11:35 am
thanks Cosimo,
I'll move this topic to feature work board since there are several good idea in your comments.
among your comments having higher order element is my priority perhaps 6-node triangular. I'd like to add quad element but problem is not having a good automatic quad mesh generators.
regarding practical tests I have to say that my most of my time goes to development and testing the program is mainly on users to send me feedback. so I would appreciate if someone like you can compare the numerical results with theory and share it with me and others and if there is any bug report it.

-Roozbeh

Re: Comments on version 1.07 Reply #2 on: January 17, 2017, 05:07:27 am
I have tried the software, version 1.07, and it works in the sense that the results are in accordance with the analytical formulation.  I have tried a simple square foundation on an elastic material.
please, could you share the script?

Re: Comments on version 1.07 Reply #3 on: February 01, 2017, 02:09:07 am

Hi Cosimo hi all, can you explain us how did you test the square foundation? In Adonis we have just a "plain strain" condition but in the specific you are facing with a tipical 3D condition. In these days I'm trying to get a workaround to bypass the need of, at least, an axisymmetric condition with very poor results. Have anyone an idea on this particular point?

Simone