x

ADONIS:
Version 3.90.3 (Released at 02/24/2024)
- The ability to apply a force gradient or pressure to a boundary is presented.
- New tutorial is added to explain how to apply gradient boundary conditions.

HYRCAN:
Version 2.0.13 (Released at 02/03/2024)
- To allow users to import CAD files using scripting, the importmodel command is introduced.
- Program's webhelp has been reformatted.

Circular culverts(Read 10836 times)
Circular culverts on: May 18, 2017, 01:20:39 am
I'm uploading an excel sheet that generates ADONIS scripts for the analysis of circular culverts. It allows two soils (Mohr Coulomb properties) and two distributed load sets at surface level. The liner forces can be retrieved for analysis in Excel.

Re: Circular culverts Reply #1 on: May 18, 2017, 07:49:46 am
wow ! I'm very impressed. this is so cool. you do it like a pro.
I personally do the same with matlab/octave but this is the first time I see it in excel. very clean and user friendly. again very impressive. hope to see more of this from you in the future.

Re: Circular culverts Reply #2 on: May 24, 2017, 11:55:49 pm
Thanks! I use Excel mainly out of lazyness to do it properly with Matlab, Octave or Scilab.
The next plan is to create a script generator for anchored embedded walls but those char(34) functions in Excel are killing me...
By the way, is it foreseeable that ADONIS will have seepage calculation and interface elements? Currently, for seepage, I'm doing some experiments with the steady state heat transfer module in LISA, but it would be nice to do it entirely in ADONIS.
Thanks again for your program!

Re: Circular culverts Reply #3 on: May 25, 2017, 12:24:50 am
currently working on interface element, might take couple weeks until it's complete. seepage analysis won't be possible any time soon I think.
I really appreciate your work. please keep your works posted here.

Re: Circular culverts Reply #4 on: May 31, 2017, 10:29:07 pm
Just perfect.Wow. Lot of work shaped in a wonderful excel. I wished I was dealing with culverts. Hope to see deep excavation, foundation etc. versions of these excels.

Re: Circular culverts Reply #5 on: June 02, 2017, 04:58:14 pm
I just modified some modification in your excel file to be compatible with the latest version (V2.0). Only main change is that from now on beam element can be attached to boundary edge only (edge with one element attached to it). In case you want to attach beam element to non-boundary edge first you need to hide one side of the edge using "Excavate" command and install the beam element and then show the hidden elements by using "Fill" command.

in your excel file ..,"attachto","all",.. part has been removed