x

ADONIS:
Version 3.90.3 (Released at 02/24/2024)
- The ability to apply a force gradient or pressure to a boundary is presented.
- New tutorial is added to explain how to apply gradient boundary conditions.

HYRCAN:
Version 2.0.13 (Released at 02/03/2024)
- To allow users to import CAD files using scripting, the importmodel command is introduced.
- Program's webhelp has been reformatted.

Deep Excavation (using script language) - NO LONGER VALID - WILL BE MODIFIED(Read 13029 times)
so, hey there folks

i just stumbled over ADONIS today and was quite fascinated, Roozbeh did a great job
so i spent the afternoon to try out a few things and so .... anyway here's the script
i'm sure you will find some quite useful things/tools in there
feel free to use it, modify it (maybe enhance it)

if you run the script, maybe run it a few times with different material settings regarding
stiffness and/or strenth parameters and compare the results to the "excavate/install lining in one step" approach

if you find any mistakes, errors, etc. or have any questions, feel free to write a reply, i'm sure we can work it out

remember, in no way i am liable what you do with this script. so be careful and always
check your model and the underlying assumptions :-)

greetings
arno
« Last Edit: January 16, 2019, 01:58:48 pm by Roozbeh »

Re: Deep Excavation (staged construction) Reply #1 on: February 12, 2017, 09:33:52 am
very impressive!!

Re: Deep Excavation (staged construction using script language) Reply #2 on: February 14, 2017, 10:59:50 pm
Oh my god I will pass a couple of years to decrypt this...great!

Re: Deep Excavation (staged construction using script language) Reply #3 on: March 13, 2017, 01:48:56 am
"I spent the afternoon."

Wow.

Good job, thanks.

Re: Deep Excavation (staged construction using script language) Reply #4 on: June 02, 2017, 04:56:28 pm
I just modified the script to be compatible with the latest version (V2.0). Only main change is that from now on beam element can be attached to boundary edge only (edge with one element attached to it). In case you want to attach beam element to non-boundary edge first you need to hide one side of the edge using "Excavate" command and install the beam element and then show the hidden elements by using "Fill" command.

Re: Deep Excavation (staged construction using script language) Reply #5 on: January 18, 2018, 11:58:29 am
How I can open in Adonis?

Re: Deep Excavation (staged construction using script language) Reply #6 on: January 18, 2018, 12:08:20 pm
from menu: File -> Load Script

from Toolbar: select "Load Script" directly

goodluck

Re: Deep Excavation (staged construction using script language) Reply #7 on: January 01, 2019, 11:57:14 am
Hi, happy new year to all,

I am testing ADONIS with this script and I think moments distribution in beam elements are wrong (see attached picture). I tested plotting intermediate results and it seem setForces function returns bad results.

Re: Deep Excavation (staged construction using script language) Reply #8 on: January 01, 2019, 12:39:53 pm
thanks,
please go a head and create a separate session under "Bugs and Problems" with script attached.