x

ADONIS:
Version 3.90.3 (Released at 02/24/2024)
- The ability to apply a force gradient or pressure to a boundary is presented.
- New tutorial is added to explain how to apply gradient boundary conditions.

HYRCAN:
Version 2.0.13 (Released at 02/03/2024)
- To allow users to import CAD files using scripting, the importmodel command is introduced.
- Program's webhelp has been reformatted.

Applying loading through script [Resolved](Read 4737 times)
Applying loading through script [Resolved] on: October 03, 2021, 09:45:31 pm
Hi,

There is a bug when running the script attached.

The bug is that the load applied on top of the crest does not appear correctly in the results page, however the results do appear to be correct (or at least close to correct).

Thanks,
Jesse
« Last Edit: October 13, 2021, 07:05:17 am by Roozbeh »

Re: Applying loading through script Reply #1 on: October 04, 2021, 09:06:30 am
Hi Jesse,

thanks for the script, it seems there is a bug in the presentation of the loading in the result tab. I'll take a look at it and let you know when it's fixed. thank you again.

-Roozbeh

Re: Applying loading through script Reply #2 on: October 04, 2021, 11:47:42 am
it seems like the problem is coming from the fact that you try to draw material boundaries after applying the load and that cause the reordering the segments and mess up the segment numbering which is already allocated by load. I just moved the applyload command after the matboundary and everything works fine. it's a temporary fix but I need to find a way to automatically take care of renumbering later on.

Re: Applying loading through script Reply #3 on: October 04, 2021, 04:05:06 pm
Okay that makes sense thank you. I will do that for the time being.

Perhaps a coordinate based approach might be more suitable for loads, or maybe loading could be specific to the external boundary rather than any material boundary.

- Jesse

Re: Applying loading through script Reply #4 on: October 04, 2021, 08:35:33 pm
it's resolved I'm going to release the new version in couple of days.

Re: Applying loading through script Reply #5 on: October 04, 2021, 10:16:09 pm
Thank you Roozbeh I appreciate the effort.

Re: Applying loading through script Reply #6 on: October 04, 2021, 11:36:13 pm
Hi Roozbeh,

I have just noticed that the issue of defining the limits and then changing the materials also causes a similar bug.

The bug results in the full geometry not being analysed (ie failure planes are not checked through the middle of the slope in this case).

Perhaps your solution has already solved this problem since it is probably caused by the same issue.

Best,
Jesse

Re: Applying loading through script Reply #7 on: October 05, 2021, 11:44:05 am
yes you are right the "define limit" command has the same issue and is not fixed yet. I need to revisit it.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2021, 01:44:14 pm by Roozbeh »