x

ADONIS:
Version 3.90.3 (Released at 02/24/2024)
- The ability to apply a force gradient or pressure to a boundary is presented.
- New tutorial is added to explain how to apply gradient boundary conditions.

HYRCAN:
Version 2.0.13 (Released at 02/03/2024)
- To allow users to import CAD files using scripting, the importmodel command is introduced.
- Program's webhelp has been reformatted.

reduce the growing size of the download(Read 4290 times)
reduce the growing size of the download on: October 21, 2022, 12:14:55 am
hi roozbeh.

because the more recent versions of hyrcan include the phyton scripting language, the size of the download grown from 40 mb to 209 mb. i would suggest to reduce the size of the installation files in some ways.

first of all, you could distribute tutorials in english language only and let other users download tutorials in different languages only if they need. i mean: why - being italian - i should download everytime the tutorials in turkish or russian language?

also, you could distribute phyton scripting files separately from the main software, so users that don't need phyton or aren't interested don't have to download those files. in this way, for the phyton users too, the updates of the main program don't require to include everytime the same phyton files and the updates of the phyton files only could be distributed separately.

clearly, built-in scripting language would remain as it is currently.

the same could be for the languages, even if every language file is very small in size.

Re: reduce the growing size of the download Reply #1 on: October 21, 2022, 08:27:39 am
the main issue is the deployment of the Python files with installer. that causes the increase in the size. The pdf files are nothing in comparison. unfortunately program is not going to work without python files. beside I don't like to deploy python separately, it doesn't feel right. it should be a single unit.