x

ADONIS:
Version 3.90.4 (Released at 04/07/2024)
- Bug in interface save/read is fixed.
- Bug in mesh generation action has been fixed.

HYRCAN:
Version 2.0.13 (Released at 02/03/2024)
- To allow users to import CAD files using scripting, the importmodel command is introduced.
- Program's webhelp has been reformatted.

SEQUENCE OF CONSTRUCTION(Read 7246 times)
SEQUENCE OF CONSTRUCTION on: December 10, 2021, 06:29:13 pm
I have a project where a secant pile is being driven close to an existing perimeter wall. I want to carry out the following
1. Install the existing wall foundation , run and initialize the displacements. This will set the current conditions.
2. Install the secant pile and run without initializing as the installation of the wall could affect the existing wall even though excavation has not started.
3. Excavate and run again.
I was not able to carry out the above. Is there a way to do that in the software?

Thank you 

Re: SEQUENCE OF CONSTRUCTION Reply #1 on: December 10, 2021, 08:53:47 pm
ADONIS does not have any specific structural element for pile (at least for now). if you can simplify your model and use beam element as pile then you will be able create such a model.

simply create your geometry hide the mesh (excavate) install pile or walls then backfill the ground, initialize and zero-out the model then proceed with excavation sequences. Similar procedure has been explained in the tutorial but for only one wall you can add as many wall as you want.

Re: SEQUENCE OF CONSTRUCTION Reply #2 on: December 11, 2021, 09:01:50 am
Dr. Roozbeh:
Thank you for the response. I might not have clarified properly what I was asking. The issue is not modeling the pile as I did model it as a beam. However
1. Since walls ( linear beams) need to be drawn on a crack, I have to first model the cracks for the two walls.
2. Since the software will not run with the with a crack and no beam ( at least in my model), I have to draw the beams.
3. As such, I am not able to carry out a sequence of construction as both walls are present.
I might be missing something in modeling but this is my current problem.
Thank you

Re: SEQUENCE OF CONSTRUCTION Reply #3 on: December 11, 2021, 02:20:22 pm
Hi,

yes, you can create a crack and attach them together using EqualDof from Initial->Apply Static Boundary. using this command you can make sure the opposite nodes on crack attached together and move together. Then whenever you want to install the beam with interface you can remove the EqualDof on the crack and proceed with beam installation. 

Re: SEQUENCE OF CONSTRUCTION Reply #4 on: December 11, 2021, 03:19:46 pm
Dr. Roozbeh
Thank you and I was not aware of this.