x

ADONIS:
Version 3.90.4 (Released at 04/07/2024)
- Bug in interface save/read is fixed.
- Bug in mesh generation action has been fixed.

HYRCAN:
Version 2.0.13 (Released at 02/03/2024)
- To allow users to import CAD files using scripting, the importmodel command is introduced.
- Program's webhelp has been reformatted.

Equilibrium Ratio(Read 7038 times)
Equilibrium Ratio on: December 21, 2021, 11:02:28 am
Dr. Roozbeh
When I run a model, the software stops while the equilibrium ratio is still 2.0 ( or smaller but larger than the target minimum value)and number of steps have not reached the maximum. I am assuming that failure has occurred in the model for some reason. Is there a way of knowing why this happens

Thank you

Re: Equilibrium Ratio Reply #1 on: December 21, 2021, 12:31:54 pm
Hi,

please submit your model's script so I can take a look.

-Roozbeh

Re: Equilibrium Ratio Reply #2 on: December 22, 2021, 03:33:41 pm
Dr. Roozbeh : Please find attached two script files. If you would like, I can send the actual files via email as it takes some time to run them.

Thank you

Re: Equilibrium Ratio Reply #3 on: December 22, 2021, 09:38:07 pm
I looked at your model. it seems like the small beam element installed behind the retaining cause the program to not reach the min equilibrium ratio, I have some theories why but need to explore more.
I simply removed the small beam and it worked. it seems like because beam is very small and only attached to interface spring it keeps oscillating in place and cause the ratio to not get reduced but model is globally reached to equilibrium this is happening locally.

Re: Equilibrium Ratio Reply #4 on: December 23, 2021, 05:28:42 am
Dr. Roozbeh

Thank you , and this is related to the question I posted on modeling a wall using a linear elastic soil. In addition to what you mentioned, the strains ( mainly in the y direction) seemed to be strange at the bottom of the short wall . I am assuming it is most probably due to localized clustering of the elements at the bottom of the wall. If you have time to check the strains, I would be thankful.

Thank yo u

Re: Equilibrium Ratio Reply #5 on: December 25, 2021, 06:10:10 pm
Dr. Roozbeh

I believe I found the issue with the strains. I am opening a new topic to discuss it.

Thank you