x

ADONIS:
Version 3.90.4 (Released at 04/07/2024)
- Bug in interface save/read is fixed.
- Bug in mesh generation action has been fixed.

HYRCAN:
Version 2.0.13 (Released at 02/03/2024)
- To allow users to import CAD files using scripting, the importmodel command is introduced.
- Program's webhelp has been reformatted.

Python Element Class stress == strain? [Solved](Read 5030 times)
Python Element Class stress == strain? [Solved] on: August 23, 2022, 02:06:18 pm
I was checking out the new Python scripting functionality (which I am very happy about in general btw!) but I may have found 2 issues so far:

1. (documentation bug) the page in the documentation that describes the adonis.element object (Scripting Language > Python > Element) names "adonis.node.list()" as a function which is the same as in the description for the adonis.node object (Scripting Language > Python > Node). I suppose it should say here instead "adonis.element.list()", shouldn't it?

2. I was trying to get the element strain increment and the element total stress for various components of the respective tensors from the element.Element object but it seems like both functions return the same values? I have attached a script that runs a simple model and then checks all elements for if stress = strain. Am I doing it wrong or is there something actually wrong?
« Last Edit: August 24, 2022, 07:37:17 am by Roozbeh »

Re: Python Element Class stress == strain? Reply #1 on: August 23, 2022, 09:59:55 pm
Hi

Both of your comments were valid. I did fix both of them. Please go ahead and download the revised version of the program and give it a try. Please let me know if you still see the same issues.

Thanks for your comment. Hope you find ADONIS helpful.

-Roozbeh

Re: Python Element Class stress == strain? [Solved] Reply #2 on: August 24, 2022, 03:14:42 am
Thank you for the quick fix, now it works!
« Last Edit: August 24, 2022, 07:37:00 am by Roozbeh »