x

ADONIS:
Version 3.90.3 (Released at 02/24/2024)
- The ability to apply a force gradient or pressure to a boundary is presented.
- New tutorial is added to explain how to apply gradient boundary conditions.

HYRCAN:
Version 2.0.13 (Released at 02/03/2024)
- To allow users to import CAD files using scripting, the importmodel command is introduced.
- Program's webhelp has been reformatted.

Saving and then reloading [Solved](Read 4891 times)
Saving and then reloading [Solved] on: November 16, 2021, 08:20:34 pm
I am using v 1.75.  Great program by the way.

Unfortunately, I saved it a few times, and after crashing for various reasons, I would restart the program and it wouldnt load the saved file.  Kept saying that the file was corrupted.  What am I doing wrong?
« Last Edit: August 24, 2022, 07:41:37 am by Roozbeh »

Re: Saving and then reloading Reply #1 on: November 16, 2021, 08:26:29 pm
please upload the script for this model so I can reproduce the error.
make sure you include script (*.hjs) not the binary file itself.

meanwhile save the script instead of binary saved file. restoring the script file makes a lot more sense since the saved file from older version cannot be opened in the newer version but script suppose to run in any version.

Re: Saving and then reloading Reply #2 on: December 14, 2021, 01:44:42 am
Hi Roozbeh,

You can use these two scripts to help identify the error.

They are the exact same except that one has 3 material layers and one has 2. They cause two different errors (one with corruption as described, one processes the information but incorrectly and shows weird symbols in the interpretter). Probably a result of the same bug. Hopefully the files help.

Best,
Jesse

Re: Saving and then reloading Reply #3 on: December 14, 2021, 09:05:55 pm
Hi Jesse

thanks for the bug report. I did fix the issue in the latest release. Please go ahead and give it a try.

Again, I always recommend users to use script to keep the model. There are several advantages in the scripting. I personally use scripting language in almost every modeling I do in industry. The script models you created are perfect example of that.

-Roozbeh