x

ADONIS:
Version 3.90.3 (Released at 02/24/2024)
- The ability to apply a force gradient or pressure to a boundary is presented.
- New tutorial is added to explain how to apply gradient boundary conditions.

HYRCAN:
Version 2.0.13 (Released at 02/03/2024)
- To allow users to import CAD files using scripting, the importmodel command is introduced.
- Program's webhelp has been reformatted.

error in water table FOS [Solved](Read 4819 times)
error in water table FOS [Solved] on: February 21, 2022, 01:15:32 am
Hi Roozbeh,

When using a water table the FOS appears higher than for RocScience Slide and for a another novel slope stability software i looked at.

When using other software critical FOS for this model is 0.42, and for a factor of safety less than 0.75 there are many many failure planes around the slope.

I think the calculation could have to do with multiplying the water pressure by the strip width instead of the strip length, since this is an easy mistake to make.

I have attached the script. After loading that script, i used the GUI to apply a water table along the surface of the external boundary which is something that you will also have to do to recreate the issue.

Best,
Jesse
« Last Edit: August 24, 2022, 07:40:44 am by Roozbeh »

Re: error in water table FOS Reply #1 on: February 21, 2022, 07:00:51 am
Hi Jesse,

please send me the command used to add the water table. perhaps something like "addwatertable(0,10,10,10,15.196,13,26,13)". Still you should be able to see the the printed command even when you use GUI.

-Roozbeh

Re: error in water table FOS Reply #2 on: February 21, 2022, 08:50:19 am
I did create a similar model using Slide2 and put water table on surface. In Slide2 instead of searching for minimum FOS, I simply used the failure surface given by HYRCAN as a starting point and it seems the results are in good agreement. One thing I realized is that in the Slide2/HYRCAN you need to make sure you set similar "water parameters". For this case I used Hu=Auto as shown in the attached figure. So I don't think there is any issue in HYRCAN's formulation.

Re: error in water table FOS Reply #3 on: February 28, 2022, 02:01:46 am
Okay thank you for the clarification Roozbeh! I will have to make sure i am using Slide properly  :o

Cheers,
Jesse