x

ADONIS:
Version 3.90.4 (Released at 04/07/2024)
- Bug in interface save/read is fixed.
- Bug in mesh generation action has been fixed.

HYRCAN:
Version 2.0.13 (Released at 02/03/2024)
- To allow users to import CAD files using scripting, the importmodel command is introduced.
- Program's webhelp has been reformatted.

Efforts and Deformations initials(Read 9172 times)
Efforts and Deformations initials on: October 21, 2018, 09:55:49 pm
Hello

I am analyzing the stability of a natural slope to which an excavation will be made. Considering that the slope is in a natural state and therefore in static balance. Is it possible to restart the deformations at the beginning of the analysis? It would be the right thing?. I think that be right, because the slope are in "static balance" before to made the excavation.

Thanks for your comments!

Best Regards

Re: Efforts and Deformations initials Reply #1 on: October 22, 2018, 08:46:21 am
you will be able to create your slope and solve it regularly and make sure everything is consistent with existing condition in the ground and then perform solve("fos") to estimate the factor of safety.

I have not done it myself but it should work with no issue if there is any problem please share your script in the forum so it get fixed.

Re: Efforts and Deformations initials Reply #2 on: October 22, 2018, 10:55:32 am
Hello,

Thanks for your soon answer!. I attach my script.

The idea is analyze the slope stability after a excavation. I think that efforts and strains in the slope, are more representative drawing the natural slope and then make the excavation to build the slope designed, because in this way, would can be model the efforts and strains caused by the constructive process. It is correct?

For the other hand, the model's results show vertical strains in the soil's interior, but the slope is in static balance at the begin of the excavation, so, must be the elements restart before the excavation? or must be the elements restart after excavation?. Can be an representative alternative about the soil's initial condition, use free vertical boundary in the lateral bounds of model?

I remain attentive to your comments

Thank you!

Re: Efforts and Deformations initials Reply #3 on: October 23, 2018, 06:49:18 pm
unfortunately I could not understand your questions! please go through your questions one by one.