x

ADONIS:
Version 3.90.4 (Released at 04/07/2024)
- Bug in interface save/read is fixed.
- Bug in mesh generation action has been fixed.

HYRCAN:
Version 2.0.13 (Released at 02/03/2024)
- To allow users to import CAD files using scripting, the importmodel command is introduced.
- Program's webhelp has been reformatted.

Stage construction(Read 9258 times)
Stage construction on: April 04, 2019, 09:20:51 am
How to model stage construction in ADONIS to represent the change of state of stress for example in the excavation process or tunnel support.

Thank you.

Re: Stage construction Reply #1 on: April 04, 2019, 09:48:27 am
couple of options:

1 - without excavating the tunnel reduce the internal material's modulus to mimic the ground relaxation. I personally would not recommend this method but I have seen it used out there.

2 - write a script to keep track of unbalance force of nodes on the boundary of excavation and reduce the unbalance force based on desire relaxation factor and then solve the model to equilibrium. one script is provided in the "useful script" session which is done by one of ADONIS's users. It might have some compatibility issue with current version but you will be able to use the same concept for your analysis. By the way this is the method I would recommend.

3 - I'm working on a new version of ADONIS in which the relaxation process will be done internally and user would be able to perform ground relaxation by simply executing one line command. it might take couple of months before gets released.

hope it helps.

-Roozbeh

Re: Stage construction Reply #2 on: April 05, 2019, 01:56:45 pm
Thank you very much for your response,

Also, is there any way for current version to model the stage of construction by using interface such as stage 1: insitu stress, stage 2: upper excavation, stage 3: install shotcrete & rockbolts, stage 4: lower excavation, and stage 5: final lining, so we refer the stress of at particular stage to our parent analysis like in Plaxis or Sigma/W?

I really appreciate your help and work on this software.

Re: Stage construction Reply #3 on: April 05, 2019, 10:03:58 pm
you are referring to NATM/SEM analysis and the answer is yes. You have all the necessary tools to perform such analysis. In fact, ground relaxation scheme (mentioned in my previous comment) is exactly what you need for this in addition to bunch of structural elements such as liner and cable elements which are available as well.