x

ADONIS:
Version 3.90.3 (Released at 02/24/2024)
- The ability to apply a force gradient or pressure to a boundary is presented.
- New tutorial is added to explain how to apply gradient boundary conditions.

HYRCAN:
Version 2.0.13 (Released at 02/03/2024)
- To allow users to import CAD files using scripting, the importmodel command is introduced.
- Program's webhelp has been reformatted.

[req] change the format of the localization file(Read 7798 times)
[req] change the format of the localization file on: January 06, 2017, 01:31:14 pm
i suggest to change the format of the localization file from a compiled one to an ascii file, so that anyone could change his own copy of it.

this way, people could also create new languages file "on the fly" without the need of your compilation.

then, to reduce the size of the program file, you could place "official" localized file in a separate single downloads.

Re: [req] change the format of the localization file Reply #1 on: January 06, 2017, 03:04:17 pm
I totally agree with you. couple of points:

1- the reason I used xml is that Qt the framework I'm using for programming only accept xml with this specific format. so if I generate text file and then need to convert it to xml which is pain in neck.
2- this method I used is very primitive as you mentioned not easy. there is free programs like pootle that you can install in the server and people can translate the texts online and there is tracking system etc. very impressive but problem is that in this short notice I don't have time to learn how to work/install it in my web page.

to sum up I totally agree with you. we need to find an intelligent method to handle it in the future. if anyone knows how to tackle this problem please let us know so we can get rid of xml and text files.