x

ADONIS:
Version 3.90.3 (Released at 02/24/2024)
- The ability to apply a force gradient or pressure to a boundary is presented.
- New tutorial is added to explain how to apply gradient boundary conditions.

HYRCAN:
Version 2.0.13 (Released at 02/03/2024)
- To allow users to import CAD files using scripting, the importmodel command is introduced.
- Program's webhelp has been reformatted.

Slope limits and failure surfaces issue [Resolved](Read 4496 times)
Slope limits and failure surfaces issue [Resolved] on: October 05, 2021, 04:18:25 pm
Hi Roozbeh,

I have attached a real world example that i am comparing currently to my slide FOS result of 1.3.

I noticed another issue while running the current script / model.

I think the start failure point should be higher than the end failure point or the calculation should be omitted.

Clearly i can adjust the left and right limits to get the appropriate result, in fact if i do just that i get a FOS if 1.312 which is essentially the same as slide. (set left coordinates to 9 - 10 and right to 11 - 22).

This might be a bigger issue for someone else where it isnt as obvious.

This is a non-trivial case, if you think it is fine as it is then that is fine i just wanted to make you aware that this happens.

Best,
Jesse
« Last Edit: October 13, 2021, 07:05:42 am by Roozbeh »

Re: Slope limits and failure surfaces issue Reply #1 on: October 05, 2021, 08:06:46 pm
good point Jesse, yes the surfaces with higher entrance elevation with respect to exit point should not be part of calculation although I checked the FOS for these surfaces and it seems they already have higher values and automatically eliminated but to be safe it needs to be fixed.

thanks for the comments and bugs please keep them coming !! unfortunately I don't have time to check all these details.

Re: Slope limits and failure surfaces issue Reply #2 on: October 06, 2021, 12:46:36 am
hi jesseb,
i've tried your script in the new 1.50.2 release and it seems to work fine.

you could add an option to change the analysis method just before the line of the compute() command. these are the current options (you have first to deactivate the bishop method as actually it is the default method):

set("Method","BishopSim","off","Method","GLE/M-P","on")

or

set("Method","BishopSim","off","Method","JanbuSim","on")

or

set("Method","BishopSim","off","Method","Spencer","on")

Re: Slope limits and failure surfaces issue Reply #3 on: October 06, 2021, 01:38:11 am
Hi Roozbeh and Reversi,

I also just checked against version 1.50.2 and agree the problem has been resolved.

Thank you for the tip about changing the analysis method Reversi.

I am impressed with how quickly you are able to apply these fixes. I had absolutely no expectation for you to resolve these issues so quickly. Thank you for the hard work, I appreciate this software being open-source.

If you would like additional help with the project I would be interested in helping with documentation / software development! (I previously sent an email to hyrcan4geo@outlook.com but i am not sure how frequently you check this).

Best,
Jesse