x

ADONIS:
Version 3.90.3 (Released at 02/24/2024)
- The ability to apply a force gradient or pressure to a boundary is presented.
- New tutorial is added to explain how to apply gradient boundary conditions.

HYRCAN:
Version 2.0.13 (Released at 02/03/2024)
- To allow users to import CAD files using scripting, the importmodel command is introduced.
- Program's webhelp has been reformatted.

Script Generation of D-shaped culverts(Read 8644 times)
Script Generation of D-shaped culverts on: April 11, 2019, 11:00:51 am
Here are the links for the first version of the two Excel files I created for script generation of D-shaped culverts. They're still not fully functional, as the results retrieval are not working yet, but the scripts generated seem to work fine.
Still struglling with my decision to do it in Excel with all those CHAR(34) functions to include quotation marks. Maybe I should have just created the scripts directly and defined some additional variables...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lgd82rw6pmsribf/AdonisDShapedCulvertGen_v2.0_Beams.xlsm?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/w06ylk9buyttkgb/AdonisDShapedCulvertGen_v2.0_LinerInterface.xlsm?dl=0

These files generate two different versions:
- Beams - Model with two different beam sections, one for the invert and another one for walls and crown, and rigid interface with enveloping soil;
- LinerInterface - Model with a single liner section and an interface.

I tried to use the element getter functions but I couldn't find a way to get nodes and coordinates from structural elements to apply normal stresses representing hydrostatic forces, so I did it the brute force way, assigning pressures to the boundaries.

By the way, is it possible to, in some way, represent different boundary pressure values with different lengths in the GUI, scaling them with some factor? That would help to check the input.

Thank you again for your help.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2019, 11:14:28 am by Roozbeh »

Re: Script Generation of D-shaped culverts Reply #1 on: April 11, 2019, 11:24:57 am
great job, I just moved your topic to script session. Later on I'll take a look at your code.

- I look for some solution for you to make it easier to apply force to structure nodes via script.

- regarding the force/pressure value representation, honestly I thought about that but unfortunately could not come up with reasonable solution. change of length is one solution but if user apply greater force than before the length can be uncontrollably large and so on. another solution could be showing the value at legend (left side of window) but there are some down sides for that as well. anyway I'm still working on it to come up with something. I might have to look at some commercial programs to get some ideas. feel free to bombard me with ideas if any so we can choose one.

again great job and keep it up!

Re: Script Generation of D-shaped culverts Reply #2 on: April 11, 2019, 11:36:23 am
Don't look too hard at my code as it's too clunky... It was just meant to solve an urgent problem and it is in no way polished. As soon as I have a better version with the retrieval of results I'll update a more polished version.

Regarding pressure value representation ideas, SAP2000 uses an internal scaling factor to make sure that it is within the screen bounds. The user can change it nonetheless.

Thank you once more!