x

ADONIS:
Version 3.90.3 (Released at 02/24/2024)
- The ability to apply a force gradient or pressure to a boundary is presented.
- New tutorial is added to explain how to apply gradient boundary conditions.

HYRCAN:
Version 2.0.13 (Released at 02/03/2024)
- To allow users to import CAD files using scripting, the importmodel command is introduced.
- Program's webhelp has been reformatted.

[req] use a system of measurement units as default(Read 8137 times)
[req] use a system of measurement units as default on: January 11, 2017, 01:32:22 am
i've seen that - at first start of the program - the measurement units available as default in adonis is "user defined" that means: no units at all!

i know it's possible change this by clicking on "settings/calculation settings".

also the gravity is not definited by default. it's possible to change this by clicking "settings/gravity settings".

i think that it would be better if the program came with a default system of measurement units, due to the fact that the user can always change it for personal needs.

but what i want to highlight too, is that changing both the units and the gravity settings, only the units settings are retained by adonis at the next start. gravity settings are lost every time the program is closed.

Re: [req] use a system of measurement units as default Reply #1 on: January 11, 2017, 07:39:32 am
as you mentioned ADONIS has memory for unit selection but I disagree on gravity. every time user should start fresh program and has to keep in mind that no initial load being applied to the model. there are cases that simple initial stress with no gravity is needed and predefined gravity from scratch might cause problem or there are cases 32.2 is needed instead of 9.8 and predefined value will mess up the calculation. so no gravity/load from start will set the tone that user is responsible for his/her model initial condition.

Re: [req] use a system of measurement units as default Reply #2 on: January 11, 2017, 07:44:46 am
well, i can agree with your opinion on gravity but i still think you should consider the possibility of distributing adonis with a predefined system of units that user can change as of his needs.

Re: [req] use a system of measurement units as default Reply #3 on: January 11, 2017, 07:51:49 am
yes, there is going to be feature plan for a setting dialog to give freedom to user to be able to modify the parameters for both GUI and settings.