x

ADONIS:
Version 3.90.3 (Released at 02/24/2024)
- The ability to apply a force gradient or pressure to a boundary is presented.
- New tutorial is added to explain how to apply gradient boundary conditions.

HYRCAN:
Version 2.0.13 (Released at 02/03/2024)
- To allow users to import CAD files using scripting, the importmodel command is introduced.
- Program's webhelp has been reformatted.

Cylindrical Hole in an Infinite Elastic Medium(Read 15186 times)
Cylindrical Hole in an Infinite Elastic Medium on: January 13, 2017, 10:15:13 pm
the attached script shows a simple example of the model for cylindrical hole in an infinite elastic medium. comments are included for you guys to understand the procedure. please go ahead and load the script in ADONIS and look at the it. to load the script simply go to "File -> Load Script" or select "Load Script" from toolbars and select the provided script file.
the whole sequence could be created using GUI as well. I encourage you to play with it and let me know if you have any question.

Re: Cylindrical Hole in an Infinite Elastic Medium Reply #1 on: January 14, 2017, 05:14:14 am
Its really appreciated. thank you for shearing .

Re: Cylindrical Hole in an Infinite Elastic Medium Reply #2 on: January 15, 2017, 07:36:42 am
i've tried to execute your script row by row, copying and pasting every single line in the command textbox.

this way the user can really appreciate the power of your program, but i think that the distributed script miss a line, because the force and tension in the script are defined in the user-defined system, but i've set in my computer the SI: m, kPa, kN/m3 option.

so, just after the first row, that is "newmodel()", the second row should be "set("unit","user-defined")", otherwise in my computer and in other computers with a different unit system some properties will became unreal. for example, the isoelastic material defined in your script in my computer had a density of 2500 kN/m3.

this is a problem to be solved when a script is created to be distributed.

Re: Cylindrical Hole in an Infinite Elastic Medium Reply #3 on: January 15, 2017, 09:25:21 am
as you mentioned, I dropped the unit setting because I personally always start with user-defined as default unit. but since ADONIS has the memory of selected unit. so if you close the program and then when you start it later on, the last selected unit will be set as default.

to solve this confusion I'll try to set unit from beginning in the the scripts or may drop the memory about unit selection to force program to start with user-defined mode all the time. I'll make this decision once I get enough feedback from users on this. for now let's stick with memorizing the last unit and modifying the model.

Re: Cylindrical Hole in an Infinite Elastic Medium Reply #4 on: January 15, 2017, 12:53:16 pm
i think that remember the user selected options is the right thing that the program should do. so, if i like to work, say, with imperial units, the program should remember that option and always start with that system of units.

the problem only rise up when i save a script and distribute it to others, because the script contains some values but not their units. this means that a different user with a different unit system will load the script with the same numeric values i've set, but with different units (depending of his own system settings).

the simplest solution, in my opinion, is just to add a row, at the very beginning of the script, with the current system of units.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2017, 12:03:10 am by reversi »

Re: Cylindrical Hole in an Infinite Elastic Medium Reply #5 on: January 18, 2017, 05:12:01 am
Hello have you got a script for retaining wall. I'dont know how i can modelise Ka effect (ground active pressure).

Re: Cylindrical Hole in an Infinite Elastic Medium Reply #6 on: January 18, 2017, 10:56:16 am
anyone has a script for wall or construction pit :)

Re: Cylindrical Hole in an Infinite Elastic Medium Reply #7 on: January 18, 2017, 10:59:34 am
I need to generate one later on ..

Re: Cylindrical Hole in an Infinite Elastic Medium Reply #8 on: January 23, 2017, 08:25:37 am
check the new script