x

ADONIS:
Version 3.90.3 (Released at 02/24/2024)
- The ability to apply a force gradient or pressure to a boundary is presented.
- New tutorial is added to explain how to apply gradient boundary conditions.

HYRCAN:
Version 2.0.13 (Released at 02/03/2024)
- To allow users to import CAD files using scripting, the importmodel command is introduced.
- Program's webhelp has been reformatted.

How to specify user defined pore pressure!(Read 11341 times)
How to specify user defined pore pressure! on: December 01, 2018, 10:26:33 pm
Hi ADONIS users,

The attached code will show you how to use the scripting language to specify user defined pore pressure (variable water table) in the model. Please go through the code and share your comments and experiences.

Important: this script only works in ADONIS v2.3.7 or above since some bugs has been fixed in the older versions. So please make sure you are using latest version.

-Roozbeh
« Last Edit: August 17, 2021, 09:26:24 am by Roozbeh »

Re: How to specify user defined pore pressure! Reply #1 on: December 03, 2018, 05:24:29 am
Roozbeh
Thanks for providing this script.   I will implement it into a model that I am working on.
Jay

Re: How to specify user defined pore pressure! Reply #2 on: December 03, 2018, 06:28:58 am
Roozbeth,
It is really neat that you can embed c code directly into Adonis using a script. 
The model that I was currently working on is based on the Imperial system of measurement so I converted the pore pressure to psf

Re: How to specify user defined pore pressure! Reply #3 on: August 17, 2021, 12:35:52 am
Hi Roozbeh ... I would need to integrate the code for pore pressure definition within a slope stability problem under ADONIS 3.10 (the script in which I should integrate the code is attached). I first made a test of the code as it is, getting the error: Positive integer number must be specified ?0?. Could you please provide help ? ? Thanks a lot ... Luigi
« Last Edit: August 17, 2021, 12:37:30 am by Luigi »

Re: How to specify user defined pore pressure! Reply #4 on: August 17, 2021, 07:17:01 am
your script file is not attached correctly and I can't open it!

Re: How to specify user defined pore pressure! Reply #5 on: August 17, 2021, 07:49:26 am
Hi,
please find enclosed the script and the water table model I would reproduce.

Re: How to specify user defined pore pressure! Reply #6 on: August 17, 2021, 07:56:27 am
please also include the script you wrote to specify the pp. because I don't see it in your script and so far there is no issue in your script.

Re: How to specify user defined pore pressure! Reply #7 on: August 17, 2021, 08:45:50 am
I had issues in running your pp code in Adonis 3.10 (attached). Especially, I first experienced the error "Positive integer number must be specified "0" " that I solved changing J=0 in J=1 at line 59. Subsequently, although the code works the pore pressure is not computed resulting = 0 over the whole model.

Re: How to specify user defined pore pressure! Reply #8 on: August 17, 2021, 09:23:12 am
some of the functions in the program get updated from version to version and unfortunately I don't have time to modify the scripts. I just modified the code please use the latest script.

regarding your script. please extract the pp part from my code and modify it for your model then send that to me. this way I can understand what you want to do. the script I included above was just an example and might not be compatible for your case.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2021, 09:27:09 am by Roozbeh »

Re: How to specify user defined pore pressure! Reply #9 on: August 17, 2021, 09:43:31 am
Thanks a lot ... now it works ... I'll send you my script asap ...
Luigi

Re: How to specify user defined pore pressure! Reply #10 on: August 18, 2021, 05:25:43 am
Hi Roozbeh,
I extracted the PP code from your script and included it into the script of the slope stability problem I'm analyzing. I changed the resolution of the mesh to 10 m. Now the objective would be to create multiple models with a different configuration of the water table above the landslide slip surface, solve them and registered time series of deformation. Attached are two scripts with different configurations of the water table (i.e. 20 m difference at xpos = 731).