x

ADONIS:
Version 3.90.3 (Released at 02/24/2024)
- The ability to apply a force gradient or pressure to a boundary is presented.
- New tutorial is added to explain how to apply gradient boundary conditions.

HYRCAN:
Version 2.0.13 (Released at 02/03/2024)
- To allow users to import CAD files using scripting, the importmodel command is introduced.
- Program's webhelp has been reformatted.

Question/Problem concerning the Remove/Delete function of nodal forces [Solved](Read 5817 times)
Hi there,
pretty impressive work!
I tried out the software a little bit and I encounter an issue with the "remove/delete" function for loadings (any geometric model with loading). After I remove the loading and recalculate the model there should only be stress due to the selfweight of the soil. Instead, contour plots show that there are still all the nodal forces left. They seem to be locked in even after I removed the loading and recalculated the model.
I managed to obtain the proper stress distribution (only stesses due to selfweight of the soil) only after I set the initial nodal stresses of the whole area of the model and the element stresses manually to zero and recalculation.
I hope this comment helps.
Cheers,
Christoph
« Last Edit: January 20, 2020, 07:39:59 am by Roozbeh »

thanks for your comment,
simply removing the applied stress/force in your model won't change the stress state. because stress is in equilibrium in the model and unbalance force is near zero already. you need to create a shock in the system and force it to recalculate the unbalance force and the best way to do that is to reset the stress in the model after removing the applied boundary condition and rerun the model. when you zeroed out the stress you basically applied that shock. I conclude that this is not a bug in the program.

by the way this is not only for ADONIS, most of the commercial programs I worked with are working in this manner.

Thanks for the fast answer!
Cheers