x

ADONIS:
Version 3.90.3 (Released at 02/24/2024)
- The ability to apply a force gradient or pressure to a boundary is presented.
- New tutorial is added to explain how to apply gradient boundary conditions.

HYRCAN:
Version 2.0.13 (Released at 02/03/2024)
- To allow users to import CAD files using scripting, the importmodel command is introduced.
- Program's webhelp has been reformatted.

Overlapping(Read 7909 times)
Overlapping on: March 13, 2019, 08:33:53 am
I have imported a dxf file made with Microstation and every time I try to Discretize the model I get a message "Two or more lines are partially or completely overlapping."  I have checked the CAD file and cleared away any extra lines and checked for any overlapping line, but I still get this message.  Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong with the attached file?  Thank you.

Re: Overlapping Reply #1 on: March 13, 2019, 12:21:27 pm
Hi

partially overlap lines still exist in the attached dxf file. I simply figured which ones and disabled them in the script (please see attached ajs file). now you would be able to discretize/mesh your model. unfortunately I cannot tell why these lines exist in dxf file but they do even after deleted them. in the situation like this you have two options:

1- use the existing dxf file and redraw lines on top of it and generate new clean dxf file without duplicate lines.
2- after creating the ajs file from original dxf file go through the script and manually disable the overlapping lines like what I did as shown in the attached file.

-Roozbeh

Re: Overlapping Reply #2 on: March 13, 2019, 01:46:42 pm
Thank you very much.  I will get into the script.  just learning this software.

Thanks again.