x

ADONIS:
Version 3.90.3 (Released at 02/24/2024)
- The ability to apply a force gradient or pressure to a boundary is presented.
- New tutorial is added to explain how to apply gradient boundary conditions.

HYRCAN:
Version 2.0.13 (Released at 02/03/2024)
- To allow users to import CAD files using scripting, the importmodel command is introduced.
- Program's webhelp has been reformatted.

Shear Strength Reduction Method(Read 10269 times)
Shear Strength Reduction Method on: February 02, 2017, 05:12:38 am
Dear Roozbeh,

In first place, thank you for your big help with this software. Really it is good and I made some exercises with Adonis and works well. In the future have you plans to integrate the calculation of the factor of safety by SSR method? or something like the calculation of the factor Strength/Stress (for elastic models for example)?

Thanks,

Miguel

Re: Shear Strength Reduction Method Reply #1 on: February 02, 2017, 08:29:04 am
Miguel

I'm really glad that you find ADONIS useful. there are multiple items in the todo list and SSR method is one of them. but as I mentioned in the web page ADONIS is scriptable and you easily can program SSR method and implement it in the program using combination of javascript and ADONIS commands. I'm currently working on scripting reference manual and perhaps will be released end of this week. after that I start working on creating some sort of tutorials for users and show them how to generate scripts and etc. please keep in touch and share your knowledge with other users in the forum.

-Roozbeh   

Re: Shear Strength Reduction Method Reply #2 on: February 04, 2017, 02:47:46 am
Roozbeh, I was working on some validation and I needed it too. I can't figure out how to implement SSR using script. Hope you can share something.

Re: Shear Strength Reduction Method Reply #3 on: February 04, 2017, 10:25:30 am
currently I don't have any script to recreate SSR method. I need to think about it to figure out how to program it using javascript.

but you can simple decrease the cohesion and friction value manually inside the script and rerun the model until model fails and this way calculate the FOS. this method is very crude but effective.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2017, 11:19:17 am by Roozbeh »