x

ADONIS:
Version 3.90.3 (Released at 02/24/2024)
- The ability to apply a force gradient or pressure to a boundary is presented.
- New tutorial is added to explain how to apply gradient boundary conditions.

HYRCAN:
Version 2.0.13 (Released at 02/03/2024)
- To allow users to import CAD files using scripting, the importmodel command is introduced.
- Program's webhelp has been reformatted.

Error deleting beam elements [Solved](Read 8220 times)
Error deleting beam elements [Solved] on: May 11, 2018, 02:16:05 pm

Hello

I'm trying to model a propped embedded wall and I'm running into an issue: whenever I try to delete the beam elements that are modeling the props (to simulate the construction phase of their their removal) the program issues an error "Structural element ID does not exist". Is there a workaround or isn't this the correct way to model the removal of a prop?

Thanks
« Last Edit: December 29, 2018, 09:16:02 am by Roozbeh »

Re: Error deleting beam elements Reply #1 on: May 11, 2018, 04:43:04 pm
please create the script file (from menu bar save as script) and submit it so I can take a look at this issue.

Re: Error deleting beam elements Reply #2 on: May 12, 2018, 11:33:14 am

Hello

I'm trying to model a propped embedded wall and I'm running into an issue: whenever I try to delete the beam elements that are modeling the props (to simulate the construction phase of their their removal) the program issues an error "Structural element ID does not exist". Is there a workaround or isn't this the correct way to model the removal of a prop?

Thanks

there was a bug in removing the structural element which is fixed now. please go ahead and download the latest version and give it try.

Re: Error deleting beam elements Reply #3 on: May 14, 2018, 05:02:23 am
Good afternoon, and thanks for the reply.

With the new version I'm able to delete the "prop" beams, but the program doesn't seem to converge to a result after that's done.

Here's a script attached.

Thanks

Re: Error deleting beam elements Reply #4 on: May 14, 2018, 10:23:35 am

With the new version I'm able to delete the "prop" beams, but the program doesn't seem to converge to a result after that's done.

Thanks

it seems there is a bug in removing beam action. after deleting the beam elements model does not converge. which should not happen. if you look at attached script, without the slab your model converges with no issue but as soon as you add the slab and remove it later problem surfaces.

I'll take a look at this problem and let you know when it's resolved.

by the way thank you for the bug reporting. It keeps me motivated.

-Roozbeh

Re: Error deleting beam elements Reply #5 on: May 14, 2018, 01:16:51 pm

Thanks

I did fix the bug in the latest version. please go a head and install the new version and rerun your script. it should converge now. please let me know if you still are facing the same issue.

-Roozbeh

Re: Error deleting beam elements Reply #6 on: May 16, 2018, 03:59:22 am
It works now, thanks!