x

ADONIS:
Version 3.90.3 (Released at 02/24/2024)
- The ability to apply a force gradient or pressure to a boundary is presented.
- New tutorial is added to explain how to apply gradient boundary conditions.

HYRCAN:
Version 2.0.13 (Released at 02/03/2024)
- To allow users to import CAD files using scripting, the importmodel command is introduced.
- Program's webhelp has been reformatted.

Anchored sheetpile(Read 5731 times)
Anchored sheetpile on: August 09, 2021, 10:04:26 am
Dear Roozbeh,

Greetings from Dhaka, Bangladesh.

I have started using both Hyrcan and Adinos softwares. Many congrats on developing these excellent softwares.

I am using Hyrcan for an end-anchored sheetpile. For the sheetpile part, I am using a stiff soil, not sure if this correct way of doing it.

Also, after applying seismic force, the slip circle becomes too wide in case of Bishop method. The Janbu circle looks much smaller. Infact there is no change in Janbu slip circle if I change Seismic horizontal coefficient. Am I doing it correctly?

I am attaching the hjs file for your kind comment.

Best regards

Tahsin

Re: Anchored sheetpile Reply #1 on: August 09, 2021, 01:27:36 pm
Hi Tahsin,

your script is not attached correctly. unfortunately I can't open it. please try again.

-Roozbeh

Re: Anchored sheetpile Reply #2 on: August 09, 2021, 10:06:42 pm
Sorry I am attaching the file again. I am also attaching a doc file explaining the situation.

Best regards
Tahsin

Re: Anchored sheetpile Reply #3 on: August 10, 2021, 08:18:22 am
I'm not sure you are familiar with Bishop and Janbu methods but I wouldn't be surprised if these two methods provide different failure surface. as a matter of fact I ran your slope using commercial programs and results are comparable.

one thing I realized from your model is that HYRCAN miscalculates the area of the slice with sub-vertical angle which is a bug that need to be fixed. but since error is consistence throughout the calculation for both methods the comparisons is still valid but FS might be off with some little margin.

I'll open an new topic in error/problem session. the revised version will be release once this issue has been resolved.

btw, thanks for the script.

Re: Anchored sheetpile Reply #4 on: August 10, 2021, 09:24:33 pm
Dear Roozbeh
Thanks a lot for the quick response. Your time and effort in checking my problem are highly appreciated.
Best regards
Tahsin