x

ADONIS:
Version 3.90.3 (Released at 02/24/2024)
- The ability to apply a force gradient or pressure to a boundary is presented.
- New tutorial is added to explain how to apply gradient boundary conditions.

HYRCAN:
Version 2.0.13 (Released at 02/03/2024)
- To allow users to import CAD files using scripting, the importmodel command is introduced.
- Program's webhelp has been reformatted.

EDIT: Feature Request(Read 9516 times)
EDIT: Feature Request on: January 23, 2017, 07:25:32 am
In my opinion a must have features are:
- Seepage FEM analysis
- Coupled analysis soil/fluid and consolidation
- the possibility of starting an analysis from "DOS" (for parametric analysis and optimization with 3rd parties softwares)

bye bye
Izzy
« Last Edit: January 23, 2017, 07:29:12 am by IzzyCole »

Re: EDIT: Feature Request Reply #1 on: January 23, 2017, 12:02:18 pm
as long term plan yes it is..

Re: EDIT: Feature Request Reply #2 on: January 23, 2017, 02:33:43 pm
Maybe you can consider the possibility to import a grid data with seepage values calculated with other seepage FEM software

Re: EDIT: Feature Request Reply #3 on: January 24, 2017, 08:15:25 am
for uncoupled analysis you can modify pore pressure in the model in any way you want using scripting language. I'll add some script to show how to handle that. I understand that using water table (straight line) might not be useful for complex models that's why several commands have been included to give user freedom to modify pore pressure in the model.

unfortunately ADONIS can not handle coupled analysis for that more time is needed.

Re: EDIT: Feature Request Reply #4 on: July 10, 2017, 11:05:58 am
I second the third request of IzzyCole: having the option to run in batch mode would substantially extend the range of application of this already quite impressive software.
Even something minimal like this:
start <path to ADONIS without GUI> -i <input.ajs>
would be extremely useful and could provide a leverage over most of the commercial alternatives.

Re: EDIT: Feature Request Reply #5 on: October 04, 2021, 08:58:56 am
Hi,

I was going to ask about the non-gui option for boths programs (fem and s. stability), but I see that this was already brought up many years ago.  I would like to follow up with three questions.

1. Are there any intentions to making a non-gui option available any time soon? (i.e., run using the command like shell only).   I think it would be fantastic.
2. I understand that the program runs on javascript (?).  Is is currently possible to execute the "solver" from Node.js (or similar) referencing the appropriate libraries?  Could you provide some insight in how this could be done?
3. Any intentions of publishing the source code any time soon?  Allowing user to see the code, even it is not properly documented will be great to understand how things work and help finding/solving bugs.

Thank and congrats for the great work! 

Fernando

Re: EDIT: Feature Request Reply #6 on: October 04, 2021, 09:21:24 am
Hi Fernando,

1- yes there was and is a plan to release the non-gui program but unfortunately I can't find a free time work on it. hopefully when I feel both programs are stable enough I would release non-gui for both.

2- no, both programs are written in C++, javascript engine is only used for scripting part. so I'm not sure how to use programs from Node.js.

3- there was always intention to release the source code. problem is the documentation for the source code and without good documentation, releasing the source code is not going to be helpful. Again unfortunately I don't have free time to spend on source code documentations.

Thanks for your comments and I hope I could answer your questions.

-Roozbeh

Re: EDIT: Feature Request Reply #7 on: October 04, 2021, 03:54:30 pm
Hi Roozbeh

Thank you for your response.  I understand that it is difficult to find time for you to work on documenting the code.  I cant even believe how you  found the time to do all you have done so far.   But that is the very reason why sharing the code may be helpful.  Others could pitch in picking up some of the burden. 

Many open source programs have very poor and/or no documentation, and still manage to get many people interested and start actively contributing.  I think that many people will be very excited to see the source of your great work ("as-is").

Fernando