x

ADONIS:
Version 3.90.4 (Released at 04/07/2024)
- Bug in interface save/read is fixed.
- Bug in mesh generation action has been fixed.

HYRCAN:
Version 2.0.13 (Released at 02/03/2024)
- To allow users to import CAD files using scripting, the importmodel command is introduced.
- Program's webhelp has been reformatted.

Tiebacks(Read 9514 times)
Tiebacks on: February 10, 2018, 01:37:23 am
Following the last experiments with interfaces and beams, I'm now adding tiebacks to the model, but I can't get pretensioning to work. The rest of the analysis seems generally ok, but the pretensioning doesn't work and the anchor just sits there as a simple spring.

I'm attaching the associated script.

Re: Tiebacks Reply #1 on: February 10, 2018, 09:11:35 am
I made some modifications in your script (for tieback). the tieback gets load right now but since I don't have any reference to check against with I really can not say if it's working correctly.

I need to spend a little more time and run some baseline models to make sure tieback is behaving correctly.  thanks for bringing it up.

while I'm debugging tieback element, is it possible for you to document what you did to generate this script? your experience might help others in this topic. I really don't have time to create example manual and your experience is going to be perfect example. couple of pages with figures would be sufficient.

thank you  in advance.

Re: Tiebacks Reply #2 on: February 10, 2018, 08:54:24 pm
by the way I did find a bug in tieback pretension implementation which is fixed now. I will release the revised code soon.

Re: Tiebacks Reply #3 on: February 12, 2018, 01:57:35 am
Thanks again. The pretensioning of tiebacks is now working. However, the bending moments on the walls when pretension is applied seem too large as if the pretension load is applied by meter of wall and not by anchor. I've ran it again with the pretension load divided by the anchor spacing and the results seem ok now. I'm attaching the revised script alongside the bond stiffness correction you pointed out.

Regarding the documentation of the examples, I could help create an examples manual during the next months. I'll start a thread to allow users to suggest examples to solve.

Re: Tiebacks Reply #4 on: February 24, 2018, 10:25:05 pm
tieback pretension initialization has been revised in the new version (i.e. V2.3).