x

ADONIS:
Version 3.90.4 (Released at 04/07/2024)
- Bug in interface save/read is fixed.
- Bug in mesh generation action has been fixed.

HYRCAN:
Version 2.0.13 (Released at 02/03/2024)
- To allow users to import CAD files using scripting, the importmodel command is introduced.
- Program's webhelp has been reformatted.

adonis doesn't retain contour maps at different stages [Solved](Read 9674 times)
i've tried to modify your new script (the one with the sheet wall) this way (last lines only):

// excavate the first stage from top and solve to equilibrium
excavate("region",2.5,-1.5)
solve()
plot("contour","xdisp")
plot("struc","beam","moment")

// excavate the second stage from top and solve to equilibrium
excavate("region",2.5,-5.0)
solve()
plot("contour","xdisp")

// excavate the last stage from top and solve to equilibrium
excavate("region",2.5,-8.0)
solve()

// plot x-displacement contour
// and plot moment force in the same plot
plot("contour","xdisp")

i've done this to see what happens at every stage. adonis correctly produces 3 images but in every image is always displayed the contour map of the last stage. instead, the moment along the wall is the one acting at that stage.

i think that this happens because the space memory for the contour maps is always the same, so the new one overwrite the previous. why don't you introduce an option (set to 1 by default) to let the user define how many contour maps he wants?

to not waste memory, that number could be internally set again to default at each new model, just like gravity.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2017, 01:38:46 pm by reversi »

Re: adonis doesn't retain contour maps at different stages Reply #1 on: January 24, 2017, 10:14:50 am
yes it does not .. plots are dynamically allocated. you need to save the model at the stages you want to create your plots at or export plot before moving on to next stage.

so this is not a bug this is how ADONIS works ..

Re: adonis doesn't retain contour maps at different stages Reply #2 on: January 24, 2017, 10:24:17 am
this is one of the reasons to introduce a pause() command in executing script.

Re: adonis doesn't retain contour maps at different stages Reply #3 on: January 24, 2017, 10:44:40 am
understood, have not figures it out yet .. easier said than done. you need to use your skills for now until I come up with a good debugging approach for scripting language.

adonis doesnt retain contour maps at different stages Solved Reply #4 on: September 13, 2017, 11:23:20 pm
OK, but I have no idea what it could be, Ive got friends to test and they have the same problem too. Any suggestions what might be causing it?
Thanks.

Re: adonis doesn't retain contour maps at different stages [Solved] Reply #5 on: September 13, 2017, 11:33:21 pm
itemplubos

what is the problem exactly?