x

ADONIS:
Version 3.90.4 (Released at 04/07/2024)
- Bug in interface save/read is fixed.
- Bug in mesh generation action has been fixed.

HYRCAN:
Version 2.0.13 (Released at 02/03/2024)
- To allow users to import CAD files using scripting, the importmodel command is introduced.
- Program's webhelp has been reformatted.

Python ElemNode Class position not changing(Read 6196 times)
Python ElemNode Class position not changing on: August 25, 2022, 07:12:40 am
Hello there. I kept on working with the Python functionality and tried to retrieve the positions of nodes with the "pos() → vector2d." methods. It works to get the x and y components of the positions but they never change from the original state after the discretization / triangulation. In other words: when I collect the positions of the nodes at different points in the simulation (e.g., once after every load step) they always return the same (initial) values, as if the nodes would not move.

The overall goal is to collect the global deformation here, but in my understanding the individual nodes should move around and have different positions throughout the simulation.

Re: Python ElemNode Class position not changing Reply #1 on: August 25, 2022, 08:57:41 am
ADONIS formulation is based on small strain and in in small-strain mode: node positions are not changed ? calculations for stress and strain are performed using the original shape of the elements.

if you are interested on finding the deformation use disp() functions to extract the displacement of each node.

more detail concept about large/small strain can be found here:

http://docs.itascacg.com/flac3d700/common/docproject/source/manual/program_guide/modelformulation/largevssmallstrain.html