x

ADONIS:
Version 3.90.4 (Released at 04/07/2024)
- Bug in interface save/read is fixed.
- Bug in mesh generation action has been fixed.

HYRCAN:
Version 2.0.13 (Released at 02/03/2024)
- To allow users to import CAD files using scripting, the importmodel command is introduced.
- Program's webhelp has been reformatted.

Laterally loaded pile with free length(Read 5369 times)
Laterally loaded pile with free length on: May 04, 2023, 08:26:39 am
I have been trying to model lateral loading of a pile. I can build everything, very similar to the excavation tutorial. Soil layers, crack line, boundary conditions, pile with interface on both sides are no problem and I can laterally load the pile at the soil surface. The actual pile has a free length of 1m where the load is applied. I extend the pile using
Code: [Select]
structure("drawbeam","beamid",1,"fromstrucnode",33,"topoint",15,1,"segnum",1)I then apply a load at the top of the pile(beam) 100kn x-dir.
However, the beam deflections look vertical and are totally wrong (see drawing). Somehow the post process  does not like it. The soil query looks pretty good if I run a query line in the soil next to the pile.

Re: Laterally loaded pile with free length Reply #1 on: May 04, 2023, 09:04:18 am
Hi,

"disp" command displays the total displacement vector for beam elements (horizontal and vertical combined). So possibly pile vertical displacement is a lot greater than horizontal as a result the overall displacement vector is pointing more toward dominant direction (vertical in this case).

-Roozbeh