x

ADONIS:
Version 3.90.4 (Released at 04/07/2024)
- Bug in interface save/read is fixed.
- Bug in mesh generation action has been fixed.

HYRCAN:
Version 2.0.13 (Released at 02/03/2024)
- To allow users to import CAD files using scripting, the importmodel command is introduced.
- Program's webhelp has been reformatted.

Command line(Read 8832 times)
Command line on: June 19, 2018, 06:44:53 am
Sorry for the stupid question but I started using Adonis only few days go.
I don't understand how to use command line: could I modify one line once I solved the model or I need to create a new model every time?
Thanks

Re: Command line Reply #1 on: June 19, 2018, 08:02:05 am
In ADONIS you can execute single or multiple lines of commands in addition to GUI which is primary method of creating the model. if you have single line of command using "command line" edit box would be logical but for multiple lines I recommend using text file. here is what I do usually both for my research and professional works:

1 - first I generate the first model from start to end using GUI
2 - then I "save as" the whole script of the model into script file (*.ajs format here)
3 - clean up the script remove the unnecessary lines add comments (using // or /*) and etc.
4 - from this stage forward you can use script instead of GUI and by changing the parameters frequently you would be able to run several sensitivity analysis efficiently or even put the whole commands in the for loop for repeating runs.

ADONIS supports javascript languages which means you would be able to take advantage of all the capabilities that java language has and combine it with ADONIS commands and create servo-control model. several scripts are available in the forum that can help you move forward.

I hope this was clear. and please let me know if you need additional information.

-Roozbeh

Re: Command line Reply #2 on: June 22, 2018, 03:36:03 am
I'm trying to do how you suggested but I'm sure I'm still missing something.
For example: I wrote a script, I load it in Adonis and I execute the model. If I realize there is something wrong can I modify it from the command line or I need to modify the script and then reload it again?
Further I would have other two question about orizzontal stresses and Hoek and Brown model.
Can I ask them here (o I have to open other two different topics)?
Thanks

Enzo

Re: Command line Reply #3 on: June 22, 2018, 06:14:19 am
Please modify the script and reload it.
Regarding the new questions I recommend opening new topics to make it easier for other users to follow. Thanks.