x

ADONIS:
Version 3.90.4 (Released at 04/07/2024)
- Bug in interface save/read is fixed.
- Bug in mesh generation action has been fixed.

HYRCAN:
Version 2.0.13 (Released at 02/03/2024)
- To allow users to import CAD files using scripting, the importmodel command is introduced.
- Program's webhelp has been reformatted.

Cable element(Read 4747 times)
Cable element on: June 30, 2023, 09:05:03 am
Dear Dr., all

Bond strength and bond stiffness values for cable/tiebak elements seem not allways compatible with soil modulus surronding: the equilibium is rarely reached (residual forces remain at very hight values). Someone could propose an explanation for this problem that i encounterred?
Could you better define these parameters (units?)
CJ

Re: Cable element Reply #1 on: June 30, 2023, 06:44:44 pm
Hi,

Each parameter's unit will be shown in the "Cable Element Properties" window based on the selected physical unit. For example, if SI:m-Pa-N/m3 is chosen as the unit, the units for Kbound and Sbound are N/m/m and N/m, respectively.

-Roozbeh

Re: Cable element Reply #2 on: July 01, 2023, 03:38:50 am
Hi,
Thanks for your answer. My doubt about units came from a little bug of units display in the "Cable Element Properties" window.
But, in my case, the problem remains. i think that it is linked to the ratio sqroots[(Ymod.Area)/(Kbond)] i.e. the length of transfer (between 0,3 m and 1 m in my case) and/or linked to the ratio Sbond/Kbond i.e. the elastic limit in relative displacement (about 10^-4 in my case). For exemple, if i reduce drastically ymod, equilibrium is reached but forces in cable are unsignificant.

Re: Cable element Reply #3 on: July 01, 2023, 08:10:33 pm
unfortunately, I'm not familiar with the ratio you are using. please got the link below and look at the equation(s) used to estimate the kbond and sbond. ADONIS uses the same concept.

https://docs.itascacg.com/flac3d700/common/sel/doc/manual/sel_manual/cables/cables.html