x

ADONIS:
Version 3.90.4 (Released at 04/07/2024)
- Bug in interface save/read is fixed.
- Bug in mesh generation action has been fixed.

HYRCAN:
Version 2.0.13 (Released at 02/03/2024)
- To allow users to import CAD files using scripting, the importmodel command is introduced.
- Program's webhelp has been reformatted.

Repository / Open Source?(Read 15962 times)
Repository / Open Source? on: January 01, 2017, 12:31:17 pm
Hi Adonis developer(s),

Are you thinking about opening up the repository to other developers? I am a geotechnical engineer and I have written software for geotechnical engineering tasks using Qt / C++. It would be great to make Adonis available for the Linux / Mac platform and it will probably help if there is a way to contribute code to the project. Why not place the code on github / bitbucket?.. could even be a private repository (bitbucket)

But apart from that this is an amazing achievement.. I am definitely gonna check it out and compare it to Plaxis 2D, your commercial competetor :-) I am especially interested in using FEM in combination with realtime sensordata for levee assessments, back analysis in combination with machine learning and artificial intelligence. Being able to script input is a necessity for this kind of project so ADONIS looks promising!

Best of luck for 2017,
Rob

Re: Repository / Open Source? Reply #1 on: January 01, 2017, 11:32:46 pm
Rob,

in the future there is a plan for making the source code available. currently code description and documentation is not ready yet.

Roozbeh

Re: Repository / Open Source? Reply #2 on: January 02, 2017, 05:38:42 pm
I second that, open sourcing it would allow me to cross compile for linux/mac (that way us UNIX users won't need to spin up a VM).  Happy to contribute when you open source this!  Thanks Roozbeh.

-Daniel

Re: Repository / Open Source? Reply #3 on: January 15, 2017, 12:23:55 am
Installation so far seems to have been ok using playonlinux with a lubuntu system.

Glen