x

ADONIS:
Version 3.90.3 (Released at 02/24/2024)
- The ability to apply a force gradient or pressure to a boundary is presented.
- New tutorial is added to explain how to apply gradient boundary conditions.

HYRCAN:
Version 2.0.13 (Released at 02/03/2024)
- To allow users to import CAD files using scripting, the importmodel command is introduced.
- Program's webhelp has been reformatted.

Modelling completely saturated condition for slope stability(Read 5598 times)
Hello,

I am modelling actual slope stability where there are two conditions: first is during summer when the ground is dry and the second is during the middle of rainy season when the ground is completely saturated. I am not able to clearly model this condition. Please help

Re: Modelling completely saturated condition for slope stability Reply #1 on: September 20, 2021, 07:21:15 am
did you find any bugs in your model? if any please share your script.

Re: Modelling completely saturated condition for slope stability Reply #2 on: October 28, 2021, 02:48:31 pm
You just have to add a water line coincident with slope surface.
Have you tried to do that?
Senior Lecturer on Geotetchnical Engeneering
Mines Department
University of Oviedo

Re: Modelling completely saturated condition for slope stability Reply #3 on: October 29, 2021, 04:41:47 am
I did exactly that...but was not sure whether that was the right thing...

Re: Modelling completely saturated condition for slope stability Reply #4 on: October 30, 2021, 02:02:20 am
Whyb wouldn't it be right?
You can run to models, one with no freatic level and one with it along thevsurface.

The program will calculate 'hidrostatic' water preassures at the middle of each dovel as the heiht os water level at that point multiplied by water specific weight.

You can use just one model with water level and run it twice: One with the water specific weight (9,81 kN/m3) and another with it set to zero.
Senior Lecturer on Geotetchnical Engeneering
Mines Department
University of Oviedo