x

ADONIS:
Version 3.90.4 (Released at 04/07/2024)
- Bug in interface save/read is fixed.
- Bug in mesh generation action has been fixed.

HYRCAN:
Version 2.0.13 (Released at 02/03/2024)
- To allow users to import CAD files using scripting, the importmodel command is introduced.
- Program's webhelp has been reformatted.

Binary file is corrupt immediately when saving. (Read 372 times)
Binary file is corrupt immediately when saving. on: April 03, 2024, 07:34:36 am
Hello, I really enjoy the software, but I'm having trouble with version 3.90.
I can load and run the script files, and change them around etc.. and they work fine, but I cannot open the binary (.adf) file. Even when I run a script, save it as (.adf), close adonis, restart adonis, and try to open the file I get

ADONIS>> openmodel("filename","C:/AdonisFiles/deepexcavationClassExample.adf")
File has been corrupted

I ran Adonis as administrator thinking it might be a permission problem and will explore that direction some more. Any other suggestions are welcome.. Thanks

Re: Binary file is corrupt immediately when saving. Reply #1 on: April 03, 2024, 07:56:19 am
Hi

If possible, please share the script file for the model as well, so I'll be able to recreate the issue.

-Roozbeh

Re: Binary file is corrupt immediately when saving. Reply #2 on: April 04, 2024, 10:49:25 am
It was the deep excavation tutorial script ... attached to this reply

Re: Binary file is corrupt immediately when saving. Reply #3 on: April 04, 2024, 11:23:55 am
Unfortunately, the save module is not stable yet due to all the changes I've been making. When you work with a new model, please make sure you save the script after every stage of the model, so this way you don't lose the model entirely if something goes wrong. This is something I always do when I work with my models.

Re: Binary file is corrupt immediately when saving. Reply #4 on: April 06, 2024, 08:30:49 pm
The latest release includes a fix for the "corrupted file error". Try it out and let me know if the issue continues. Keep in mind that you must use the latest version to save the binary file once more. Because of modifications in the new version, binary files created with the older version cannot be read.