x

ADONIS:
Version 3.90.7 (Released at 08/21/2024)
- Bug in save/open action has been fixed.

HYRCAN:
Version 2.0.14 (Released at 05/18/2024)
- Minor bug in line load unit display is fixed.
- Italian translation has been modified.

Export of VTK file has incorrect cell type 22 - should be 9(Read 2019 times)
Hello Roozbeh,

Thank you for providing ASONIS - I am finding it very useful useful.

I did however find one small problem in the export of the contour plots as VTK files.
Starting with Tutorial_06_en the export of the VTK file for contour xdisp, totdisp produced a VTK file that crashed ParaView 5.12.1 (the latest vesion).

On examining the VTK file generated by ADONIS, the problem is after the CELL_TYPES section where the cell type "22" is used, where "22" is the cell type VTK_QUADRATIC_TRIANGLE, when it should be "9" for VTK_QUAD.

Details in https://docs.vtk.org/en/latest/design_documents/VTKFileFormats.html

By replacing all lines with "22" with "9" to create a new modified VTK file  I was able to successfully open the modified VTK file in ParaView.

This is, I hope, an easy fix?

Peter

Re: Export of VTK file has incorrect cell type 22 - should be 9 Reply #1 on: June 09, 2024, 10:04:50 pm
Hi,

Thanks for the comment. The error is fixed in the newly released version (i.e 3.90.6). please give it a try and let me know if problem is fixed.

-Roozbeh

Re: Export of VTK file has incorrect cell type 22 - should be 9 Reply #2 on: June 10, 2024, 02:06:18 am
Hi Roozbeh,

I have checked the VTK output from the latest 3.90.6 version and the VTK file now has correct cell type - no problems opening the file in ParaView.

Thank you,
Peter