x

ADONIS:
Version 3.90.9 (Released at 10/19/2024)
- Minor bugs in mesh generation module has been fixed.
- Gmsh is upgraded to version 4.13.1.

HYRCAN:
Version 2.0.17 (Released at 10/19/2024)
- Bugs in import DXF action have been fixed.

Attempted dxf import seems to have broken Hyrcan on Windows 11.(Read 1309 times)
I installed the current version of Hyrcan (20.05.15) on an Asus Vivobook running Windows 11 and it ran as expected for a simple stability case. I then experimented with importing a dxf file which wasn't properly formatted I now realize (no outer boundary defined). When I next opened Hyrcan, the splash screen opened and it showed 'looking for connections', but no data entry screen followed. I have reinstalled Hyrcan several times, after removing all traces, I have downloaded a new copy of the installer, but the behavior persists. Splash screen followed by no data entry screen. If I click the icon in the dock a white image flashes between the left margin of the screen and the dock, but nothing recognizable or permanent. Any assistance will be much appreciated!

Stu

Re: Attempted dxf import seems to have broken Hyrcan on Windows 11. Reply #1 on: October 07, 2024, 06:14:27 pm
Hi, please navigate to the AppData folder (link below) on the C drive and delete the 'config.ini' file. After that, try running the program again to see if this resolves the issue.

C:\Users\whatever_user_name_is\AppData\Local\HYRCAN\

Re: Attempted dxf import seems to have broken Hyrcan on Windows 11. Reply #2 on: October 08, 2024, 03:58:39 am
Worked like a charm! Thank you so much for the very prompt response.

Stu

Re: Attempted dxf import seems to have broken Hyrcan on Windows 11. Reply #3 on: October 08, 2024, 06:20:56 am
great,

Could you please attach the example DXF file that originally caused the issue? I need to recreate the problem to work on a solution.