x

ADONIS:
Version 3.90.3 (Released at 02/24/2024)
- The ability to apply a force gradient or pressure to a boundary is presented.
- New tutorial is added to explain how to apply gradient boundary conditions.

HYRCAN:
Version 2.0.13 (Released at 02/03/2024)
- To allow users to import CAD files using scripting, the importmodel command is introduced.
- Program's webhelp has been reformatted.

Could not import DXF file from Slide [Resolved](Read 5471 times)
Could not import DXF file from Slide [Resolved] on: November 08, 2021, 05:35:17 pm
It seems the program could not import the DXF file from Slide.

// create new model
newmodel()
// select system unit
set("unit","metric","waterUW",9.81)
// generate external boundary
// generate rest of boundaries

« Last Edit: November 16, 2021, 08:27:00 pm by Roozbeh »

Re: Could not import DXF file from Slide Reply #1 on: November 09, 2021, 09:03:35 am
Hi,

are you following the instruction as explained in the help menu and label each layer with appropriate names (i.e. EXTERNAL, MATERIAL, ANCHOR and etc.)?

if you followed the instruction and still are having the issue please upload your DXF so I can take a look.

Re: Could not import DXF file from Slide Reply #2 on: November 12, 2021, 05:23:27 am
Hi, Roozbeh

I did not get the point yet. As an example, the attached file is the dxf file exported from SLIDE. Please show me to how to label the data.

Thank you in advance.

Re: Could not import DXF file from Slide Reply #3 on: November 12, 2021, 08:29:03 am
the dxf file is not uploaded correctly, I cannot download it. please try again.

BTW, you only can import dxf from SLIDE if only polyline used for EXTERNAL boundary.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2021, 09:48:55 am by Roozbeh »

Re: Could not import DXF file from Slide Reply #4 on: November 12, 2021, 04:27:58 pm
Sorry about that. Also an identical compressed file is attached in case of upload failure.

Re: Could not import DXF file from Slide Reply #5 on: November 12, 2021, 11:54:36 pm
thanks for the dxf file. I was able to recreate the issue. it seems like the dxflib that I use is not able to read the dxf file generated directly from the SLIDE. but if you open the file with AUTOCAD and save it again you will be able to import it.

obviously, the library that I'm using is not able to read any dxf file generated outside AUTOCAD. In the future I'm going to write my own library to make sure it will handle all dxf versions.

Re: Could not import DXF file from Slide Reply #6 on: November 14, 2021, 06:53:44 pm
Please upgrade to version 1.75.2 and try again. It should be fixed now. I did completely rewrite the dxf import code and dropped using dxflib library.

Re: Could not import DXF file from Slide Reply #7 on: November 16, 2021, 05:55:07 am
Thank you. It works perfectly now and can import directly the external boundary, material boundary, water table and support from SLIDE without any modification.