x

ADONIS:
Version 3.90.9 (Released at 10/19/2024)
- Minor bugs in mesh generation module has been fixed.
- Gmsh is upgraded to version 4.13.1.

HYRCAN:
Version 2.0.17 (Released at 10/19/2024)
- Bugs in import DXF action have been fixed.

Please share your experince with Windows 11 if you upgraded!!(Read 10986 times)
if you upgraded to Windows 11 please let me know whether program is running with no issue.

Re: Please share your experince with Windows 11 if you upgraded!! Reply #1 on: August 29, 2024, 11:38:41 am
hi Roozbeh

Thanks for making this useful tool that simplifies our work. However, I am encountering an issue after uploading a DXF file from Autocad. I did all I could but after importing and discretising, the following text keeps popping up "Two or more lines are partially or completely overlapping". I modified the file countless times, I deleted the overlapping segments but the result is the same. could you please look into it?
I have attached the screenshot of the popped-up message.

Re: Please share your experince with Windows 11 if you upgraded!! Reply #2 on: August 29, 2024, 10:55:30 pm
Hi,

The notification indicates that there are certain lines in the CAD file that overlap. You have to clean things up first. Please note that even partially overlapped lines are not acceptable.

you can start with tiny model and check to see how exporting works.

Roozbeh

Re: Please share your experince with Windows 11 if you upgraded!! Reply #3 on: August 29, 2024, 11:48:21 pm
Thanks for your fast response .

Well, I modified it again and I was able to proceed up to some extent. However, even after inputting all the required data, including the shear modulus for all the rock types, when computing the fos, the following pops up " zero shear modulus at element 9" whilst I did input only 5 rock types properties.
Furthermore, the entire model becomes red when computing the displacement in any direction. Additionally, when importing other CAD files the coordinates change automatically and the model can't be seen, even though the units have been set as m,Pa, N/m3 or any.
Finally, could you please add an "Undo" option? That we will make the software a little more flexible.

Thanks

Regards

Re: Please share your experince with Windows 11 if you upgraded!! Reply #4 on: August 30, 2024, 12:10:58 am
Unfortunately I cannot help you with just looking at figures. please include your model's script so I'll be able to recreate the issue. You can obtain the command lines by exporting your model in the "*.ajs" format.

Since ADONIS is primarily meant to be scriptable, I advise you to concentrate more on the scripting than the GUI. If I were you, I would construct commands using a graphical user interface (GUI), copy and paste the commands into a text file, and then run your model from the script. This way, you can avoid using Redo/Undo by just making changes to the script and running it again.

The advantage of scripting is that it will allow you to quickly perform sensitivity analysis and develop your model in the future.

I constantly advise others to do the same as that is how I myself learned it.

Re: Please share your experince with Windows 11 if you upgraded!! Reply #5 on: August 30, 2024, 01:13:30 am
Thanks for the clear guidance. I will surely consider that.

When I save the model's script and i try reopening it to check if it's well saved, it shows the old model I had before modification( the one with overlapping segments) instead of tge current one. And there isn't a means of sending the AJS on this platform.
Well, I shall try working on my data and apply the remarks given by you.

I appreciate your efforts.

Regards.

Re: Please share your experince with Windows 11 if you upgraded!! Reply #6 on: August 30, 2024, 01:57:17 pm
The CAD file you are importing is sloppy; numerous lines form tiny, invisible zones that make it difficult to assign material accurately. The figures at the top of the slope in the attachment provide one example. Despite my best efforts, the line remains in one little area, where no material has been provided. I advise you to start the geometry creation process from the beginning to make sure there are no unwanted zones. It's not that hard, in my opinion. In just a few minutes, I produced far more complex geometry.

To ensure that the program functions without any problems, choose a material that has been developed and click the "apply to all" button to ensure that the material property has been assigned to every zone, both visible and tiny. After that, model runs when you click "Solve".

Re: Please share your experince with Windows 11 if you upgraded!! Reply #7 on: September 02, 2024, 12:37:15 am
You are a genius. I appreciate your efforts. I've been able to compute the fos and I will continue to work on the other remarks.

Big thanks 😊