x

ADONIS:
Version 3.90.8 (Released at 09/15/2024)
- Minor bugs have been fixed.

HYRCAN:
Version 2.0.16 (Released at 10/17/2024)
- The Filter Surfaces option is included in the toolbar or the menu which
allows user to filter the surfaces displayed by the Minimum Surfaces or All Surfaces options.

Export of VTK file has incorrect cell type 22 - should be 9(Read 3583 times)
Hello Roozbeh,

Thank you for providing ASONIS - I am finding it very useful useful.

I did however find one small problem in the export of the contour plots as VTK files.
Starting with Tutorial_06_en the export of the VTK file for contour xdisp, totdisp produced a VTK file that crashed ParaView 5.12.1 (the latest vesion).

On examining the VTK file generated by ADONIS, the problem is after the CELL_TYPES section where the cell type "22" is used, where "22" is the cell type VTK_QUADRATIC_TRIANGLE, when it should be "9" for VTK_QUAD.

Details in https://docs.vtk.org/en/latest/design_documents/VTKFileFormats.html

By replacing all lines with "22" with "9" to create a new modified VTK file  I was able to successfully open the modified VTK file in ParaView.

This is, I hope, an easy fix?

Peter

Re: Export of VTK file has incorrect cell type 22 - should be 9 Reply #1 on: June 09, 2024, 10:04:50 pm
Hi,

Thanks for the comment. The error is fixed in the newly released version (i.e 3.90.6). please give it a try and let me know if problem is fixed.

-Roozbeh

Re: Export of VTK file has incorrect cell type 22 - should be 9 Reply #2 on: June 10, 2024, 02:06:18 am
Hi Roozbeh,

I have checked the VTK output from the latest 3.90.6 version and the VTK file now has correct cell type - no problems opening the file in ParaView.

Thank you,
Peter